March 27, 2013

Pregnancy Journal: 35 Weeks

How far along: 35 weeks
Gender: BOY! Asher Wade!
Size of baby: 5 pounds
Weight gain: 25 pounds
Maternity clothes: You better believe it.  I am so ready for warm weather to get here, and stay, so I can start living in maxi dresses.  Most maxi dresses are pregnancy friendly, so this gives me a lot more options in the shopping department.
Movement: He's slowing down...running out of room I suppose.  Now what I feel is more like big stretches.  I swear I feel like he is taking up my entire abdomen, stretching from one side to the other, and then well below my belly button all the way up to my chest.  He's just everywhere!
Sleep: Very sporadic and restless, but like I've said, I'm used to it now. I know it's just par for the course and good preparation.
Cravings: Still protein and relatively bland foods. Oatmeal, bagel or some sort of baked good in the morning, Greek yogurt with fruit and granola at lunch, granola bar and banana for snack, cereal for dinner.  Unless we go out to eat.  Then it's usually salmon, salad, soup or cooked sushi. Drinking tons of water and iced tea.  Still craving baked goods and fruity candies, particularly in the mornings.  Oh, and Dairy Queen strawberry sundaes:)
Aversions: Not really anything in particular, but I have to avoid salty meals or I can't sleep.
Symptoms: Small contractions and lower back pain every now and then. My feet swell a little if I am on them for too long, but a warm bath fixes that. I started eating more snacks throughout the day and that seems to have cured that random nausea I was experiencing.  Regular prenatal massages help out too.
What I miss: Wine when we go out to eat and a good night's sleep.
What I'm looking forward to: My mom getting in this Friday and our couple's shower this Saturday!  Cannot wait for both!!
Best moment of the week: We have made so much progress on the nursery and it's looking great.  With my mom being here this coming weekend, I imagine we'll have it all finished by the time she leaves.  I hope to have some pics up...maybe next week.
Thoughts on pregnancy: It's funny how I am still so calm, not at all nervous or anxious, and really not emotional or hormonal (for the most part).  Matt has been reading The Expectant Father (which he says is really good by the way), and it always talks about what the dad should expect as far as the mom's emotions, hormones, symptoms, etc.  I don't know if I have just been lucky with this pregnancy (or if that just means my labor and delivery are going to be a bear...), but we both agreed that there have been very few negatives.  I haven't really been hormonal, I'm not scared of delivery (women have been doing this for years!), or the actual becoming a mom part, and I've just been very happy overall.  I've just been enjoying the ride and not stressing, which is pretty unusual for me.  I wish I knew how to bottle up this contentment for a rainy day:)

Forgot to get a bump picture this week...will try and remember to take one this weekend.

No comments: