February 4, 2013

You're going to want to make these

First off, did everyone enjoy the Super Bowl?  Like I mentioned on Friday, I wasn't pulling for one team over the other, and really didn't care who won, but I did enjoy spending some time with friends and eating tasty snacks.  I think I actually ate a few too many yummy snacks as I was down and out with a bad stomach ache by the time the 4th quarter hit.  You may think, "Oh, I'm pregnant, so I'm going to enjoy all these great treats that I normally wouldn't eat!"  Not quite.  Things that taste really good going down, don't always sit well in a pregnant belly.  I actually have to be even more careful than usual, and I definitely did myself in last night.

However, I'm fairly certain that these Cinnamon Roll Cookie Bars were not the culprit (probably the 3 pieces of pizza and plate of chips and dip).  I've been dying for one of those ridiculously huge Cinnabon cinnamon rolls.  I pass a shop every single day that carries them and it takes all my willpower not to turn in to that place.  I've yet to give in because, seriously, those things are like 1,000 calories and who knows how many fat grams.  I was pumped when I came across this slightly less naughty recipe.  They.are.good. 
 
Via
 
Cinnamon Roll Cookie Bars
{followed exactly from here...pic is from there too}

Ingredients:
1 box yellow cake mix
1/2 cup melted butter (I used whipped, which has fewer calories)
2 eggs or 1/2 cup egg substitute
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar (I used Stevia)
2 tablespoons cinnamon

Icing:
2-4 tablespoons cream or milk
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:
Mix all ingredients (through the cinnamon) with a stand mixer.  (You can do it by hand, it will just take some man power.)  Wet your fingers with a little water and press batter into a greased 9x13 baking dish that has been sprayed generously with Pam.  Try to get it in there smoothly, but it doesn't have to look perfect by any means.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes.  Remove from the oven and let cool slightly on a wire rack.  Stir together the milk, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth, adding the milk a little at a time until desired consistency is reached.  Pour over warm bars.  Cool completely and slice in to squares.

No comments: