July 18, 2011

Movies, my new "book" and pretending to be college kids again...

We had a busy but fun weekend, which seems to be the standard around here.  I can't wait for a weekend where we literally do nothing but lay on the couch and eat bon-bons.  I have a good feeling that next weekend may entail this...fingers are crossed.  Can't complain though as it was a good weekend as usual.

Movies watched - The Lincoln Lawyer (4.5 out 5...excellent!!), Insidious (2.5 out of 5...SCARY!  I actually couldn't sleep because I was so scared), and Just Go With It (3 out of 5...some funny parts, but even more cheesy parts).  I also am now the proud owner of a Kindle!  I have had a lot of reservations about giving up my "real" books and I was actually pretty adamant that I would never buy one of these, but boy did I ever eat my words...I LOVE IT.  It's so convenient and I can bring it everywhere and it's easy to read on the treadmill and elliptical.  I'm hooked.  My first purchase was Jennifer Weiner's new book "Then Came You," which I am already almost through with.  I may or may not have spent a good portion of Saturday afternoon on the couch with my new toy....



We saw O.A.R. last night!  This is one of our favorite (if not most favorite) bands of all time and they just happened to make a tour stop at Sloss Furnaces in B'ham!  Besides the fact that it was a Sunday night - rough unless you are A) in college, B) unemployed, C) a night owl, or D) all of the above - it was still so much fun and they were amazing as usual.  We ended up leaving at 11 and they were showing no signs up letting up anytime soon.  O.A.R. is special to the hubs and I because one of our first dates was to their concert, and we spent a lot of time listening to them that summer we first met.  Ahh, the memories.  We had to laugh last night because there were youngsters (early 20s) stumbling running around everywhere acting like total drunks and just having a good ole time.  We felt old.  Oh, and it didn't help that I am crippled again and walking around like I just had a hip replaced or something.  Step class was the culprit this time.  Matt was probably the only guy holding his date up because of sore calves rather than 1 too many tequila shots.



2 comments:

The Andersons said...

OMG, I love my Kindle! Can't live without it! Glad you have one! :)

Jon and Jessica said...

You crack me up! Jon and I feel so old when we go out too! I can't believe you got a Kindle, I still love that smell of a new book! Maybe you will bring me over to the dark side ;)