August 13, 2014

IMPORTANT! New Blog!!

So....I've been mulling over this idea for a while now. I use the term "idea" loosely, because it's more of a lifeline I'm trying to throw myself to not give up blogging completely. Or, to feel confident in blogging about what I actually want to blog about. Before Asher Wade, I loved to blog about anything and everything...food, fitness, beauty products, travel, our dogs, etc, etc, etc. After Asher Wade, all I really wanted to write about was, well, Asher Wade. Or things related to him and my new life as a mommy. Some days I wanted to sing his praises and tell everyone how awesome being a mom is. Some days all I wanted to do was *itch and moan about how hard it is to be a working mom, hiding my tear-stained face of defeat behind this computer screen. Regardless, it all still came back to him and my obsession with being his mom. I was paranoid to write about mommy-land all the time, so I just didn't write at all. But then I had this revelation. Who cares?! This is my personal little outlet and my personal little blog, so shouldn't I write about whatever in the heck strikes my fancy?

Anyways, back to my idea. I'm ready to change things up a bit. I want to write about stuff that matters to me and stuff that may (or may not?) matter to other people. I want to write about the peaks and valleys of motherhood, and the craziness that is my life as a working mama...trying to parent the way I really want to, being present and 100% committed, even though the reality is that I just can't do it. I want to write about balance and then the chaos involved in trying to find that balance. That being dedicated to my career doesn't mean I'm not dedicated to my baby. How you can bring home the bacon (and the milk, hehe), and feel proud to do so. How you can have the best of both worlds. Most importantly, how being physically unattached to my baby for the most part of the waking hours does not mean I am unattached to him mentally, emotionally and spiritually. Surely if I care about this stuff then other moms must too. Because I know that if I've struggled with this, chances are, other moms have too. I mean, don't we all struggle with mommy guilt to some extent or another? Personally, I think that's the hardest part about being a mom...the constant guilt. Whether you stay home, work from home, work outside of the house, or maybe a combination, we all struggle with that mommy guilt and we all question whether we are doing a good enough job.

With that being said, I have decided to migrate this blog over to a new forum that more reflects where I want to go with my writing. Although I have no doubt that the new blog will still reflect my style of writing, I envision that it will be a lot more focused on parenting and mommy life, because to be honest, that kind of is my life right now...or at least a good part of it. So without further adieu, please visit me and follow along at the The Unattached Attachment Parent. I feel like this describes the kind of parent I am perfectly and I'm pretty proud of myself for coming up with this term;) I even figured out how to get my very own URL! {http://leannemcwilliams.com/}   Key the song "I'm so Fancy" right now because that's totally what I was singing when I figured this out. I also switched from Blogger to Wordpress because I found that I tended to gravitate more towards the cleanliness and simplicity of Wordpress blogs. It's been a process, and I'm still tweaking it a bit, but so far I'm pretty pleased with the new forum. I've migrated all of my posts over there and going forward this old blog will not get anymore love. I'll probably leave it up for a couple more months and then delete it. Make sure you start visiting me at the new site instead! Hope you enjoy!

On another note, I've been trying to figure out how to automatically redirect this page over to the new one.  If you know how to do this, can you please email me? {leanne.mcwilliams@gmail.com}  Many thanks!:-)

No comments: