July 30, 2014

Asher Wade at 15 Months

Asher Wade, you are 15 months old!  You are a for real toddler now, I think.  This has been evidenced by the toddler tantrums we are now experiencing.  You are definitely a spirited little guy;)  You are so sweet and loving too.  You give huge bear hugs and kisses and you love to be loved on.  My favorite part of the day is when I pick you up from daycare and as soon as you spot me walking up, you literally run across the room straight in to my arms for a big hug.  It is the sweetest!  You are very intuitive and notice everything.  I've always felt like you sense my emotions, but now I watch as you intently observe me and other people...like you are trying to to figure out how they are feeling.  I really think you are going to have a lot of empathy as you grow, which is a wonderful trait.  You are also very sensitive and you get your feelings hurt easily.  You probably take after mama in that regard.

You have the funniest personality and the BEST laugh.  You think everything is hilarious, even if it's nothing at all.  Sometimes when we are driving around in the car you just start laughing for no reason.  This is particularly comical considering that you are still rear facing, so you can't even see much.  You just laugh anyways.  I wonder what you are thinking about.  You will also go stand in the middle of the room, look around at whoever is in there, and then start to cackle.  I think you kind of like the attention:-)  The cutest is when we get to school and you run to your classroom, stand at the baby gate, peer in and start to laugh when you see your little friends.  I just love your sweet spirit.

You are very social, but you like mommy or daddy to be near.  When we go places you want to get down and explore, but you always keep your eye on us and you run over every now and then for a reassuring hug.  You are stretching your independence a little, but you don't want to get too far away.  You are still a mama's boy for sure.  You also look over at us right before you do something you are not supposed to do.  It's like you want to make sure we are watching you be bad, ha!  This is kind of naughty, but it's hard not to laugh.  I remember thinking when you were just a little baby that you were mischievous and obviously I wasn't too far off.

Some struggles we have had this past month include refusing/throwing food.  It's hit or miss as far as whether you eat your meals.  You've become kind of picky and unless it's pasta, waffles, yogurt, fruit or cheese, you may chuck it right on the floor.  This is incredibly frustrating (and annoying), but everyone says it's just a phase.  You've also entered in to the tantrum throwing phase.  So far they have been relatively mild and end quickly.  Sometimes I can't help but laugh, which I think makes you even more mad.  You squeeze your eyes shut and tense up your whole body and just screech.  This especially happens when we take things away from you or try to make you sit still, like for a diaper change or something.  Biting has also been an issue, along with general bullying.  Your teachers say this is totally typical and that you are just all boy, but aye aye aye.

You weigh 27 pounds (90th percentile) and are 32.5 inches long (also 90th percentile).  You still have your arm rolls:-)  We are still nursing, although it's only a few times a day now (morning, nap time and bed time).  This is still very comforting for you and I don't want to take that away.  Plus it's about the only way you sit still long enough for me to love on you.  You love your coconut milk in a sippy cup.  You like water too, especially when you've been playing outside.  You also love iced tea, so we let you have small amounts of this for a treat.  You would live on fruit and yogurt if we let you.  These are actually two of my favorite foods as well, so I guess it shouldn't be too surprising.  You eat pretty well at school...probably because you are around your friends.  Sleep is pretty good.  You go down around 8 and wake up anywhere from 6:15-7:15. 

Other things you love are playing outside, swinging at the park, playing in the baby pool and splash pad, walking/running, riding around on your Thomas the Train, throwing the ball, other kids, bath time, climbing, pulling things out of cabinets and drawers, clapping, dancing (which looks more like squatting), giving high fives, talking (you say ball, book, and thank-you the most and then a bunch of stuff that we can't quite make out yet), music and songs (the ABC song is your favorite right now) Riley and Maddux, your teachers and little friends at school, Little Einsteins, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Doc McStuffins, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, blueberries, strawberries, oranges, peanut butter sandwiches, string cheese, french fries, pasta with butter and cheese or pesto, blueberry waffles or pancakes, french toast, yogurt, fruit/veggie pouches, marshmallows and veggie sticks.  You do not like to eat things that have a weird texture and you're not overly crazy about meat.

I have to say that this has been my favorite stage so far.  Your personality is really coming out and you are just so much fun!  Daddy and I love you so very much.  I know I'm biased, but I pretty much think you are the most amazing little person.  I love being your mom.
 





 

No comments: