July 11, 2014

Friday's Faves

Happy Friday!  We have a b.u.s.y. weekend ahead of us.  Both mine and Matt's parents are here (yay!) and Asher Wade is being dedicated at church on Sunday.  I feel like the worse mom ever that my child is just now being dedicated at almost 15 months old.  In my defense, we wanted both sets of grandparents to be here, and that's not always the easiest thing to coordinate when they live in FL and KY.  Still though, I probably should have gotten on the ball long ago.  #mommyfail  Oh well.  We are looking forward to celebrating with friends and family on Sunday (and eating cake).

Some other faves of the week:

* I love that TimeHop app on my iPhone!  Have you downloaded this?  It's so much fun because it posts a daily picture from one year ago.  It's such a fun walk down memory lane each morning.  Here's what was posted yesterday...


* I have been meaning to post about this Miraval rose wine for awhile now, but keep forgetting.  It is fabulous.  I don't even particularly like rose, but when we were in Seaside a couple months ago, our waiter recommended it so I gave it a try, loved it and came home with a bottle.  It's actually from Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's winery in Provence, France, which I think is pretty cool.  I'm having a hard time finding it right now though.  It's sold out everywhere! 

Sorry about the poor quality picture and the fact that the bottle is almost empty.  Actually, who am I kidding, not sorry one bit about it being empty;)

* I feel like I haven't posted about any books I've read lately.  To be honest, it takes me a lot longer to read a book these days.  The only time I have to read is right before bed, and often I'm just so exhausted that I can't keep my eyes open long enough to get through a few pages.  Still though, I've read a couple good ones lately....The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd (loved this one!), When I Found You by Catherine Ryan Hyde (a little slow, but a sweet story nonetheless) and Let It Go by Karen Ehman (this is what we followed in the small group I recently led...great Christian "self help" book).  The next book I'm planning to read is Goldfinch by Donna Tartt.  I hear this one is really good...
 
 
* I posted about trying this last week I think, but watermelon juice is definitely a fave now.  I'd love to have a bottle a day, but since it's a little pricey, I try to just have it a couple times a week.  So hydrating and refreshing on these hot summer days.  I find mine at Whole Foods.


* I shared this article on Facebook a couple weeks ago, but it's so darn funny, I think I'll post here.  The Honest Toddler (who if you are not following, you need too, stat) explains "How to Breastfeed Appropriately" with his usual sarcasm.  Some fabulous one-liners that will have you lol'ing for sure.

No comments: