May 7, 2014

Seaside with my loves...

Well we are (unfortunately) back from our beach vacay.  We had such a wonderful time and I was pretty blue on the drive back yesterday.  Normally I'm always antsy to get home from trips, but this time was an exception.  I definitely could have stayed for a few more months days.  It was so relaxing, the weather was perfect (thankfully we went on the tail-end of that crazy storm and only had a day of overcast skies) and I had so much fun spending time with my two guys.  Asher Wade is at a great age for trips and I really feel like he knew he was somewhere special.  He was just so happy and carefree and loved hanging out.  Our last beach trip was pretty challenging considering that he was only 2 months old and still pretty fussy, but it was a totally different experience this time.  I loved every minute!  Here are a few pictures from our trip if you would like to see...


Checking out the food trucks that first day
Dinner at Great Southern Cafe our first night
Outside our adorable cottage
This little boy loves going out to eat
My guys checking out the water
Ready to check out the farmer's market
AW is learning the art of the selfie
So, the first day in the sand was not successful.  Poor guy wanted nothing to do with it.
He started to come around on day 2 though
Thought it was hilarious when the water hit his feet
Shrimp Shack for lunch one day
My man
Enjoying some fries
Loving the beach finally!
Loves his daddy
Dinner at Great Southern Cafe again...our favorite!
Listening to the jazz band in Seaside Square
My little family
I pretty much ate at this juice bar/vegetarian food truck the whole time.  Sooo good!
AW loved this breakfast one morning...no surprise why.
Such a happy guy
Eating sand
I mean...gross!
Ball?
Just more silliness
Hanging out on the front porch after bath time
We even got ourselves a sitter one night so we could have some adult time!
Which may or may not have involved wine;)
Sporting his new outfit on our last day
So thankful for these memories
Until next time Seaside...

Oh, and since we drive through the middle of no man's land Alabama on the way there, McD's was basically our only option for lunch, which means somebody got (and LOVED) his first Happy Meal.

 

No comments: