May 12, 2014

Over the weekend...crawfish and Mother's Day

Well, I celebrated my second Mother's Day this past weekend.  Last year my little man was not even three weeks old.  This year he was an active, jabbering toddler.  Check out this comparison...

Whoa!
We actually started off the weekend with a crawfish boil, courtesy of our good friend's firm.  It was a beautiful afternoon and we had so much fun!  AW had a blast walking all over, listening to the band, eating food and people watching.
 
Those legs...

Something was obviously funny

Taking a stroll with Mary Leah

He met this little boy who was almost 3, and attempted to push him around.  I told y'all he was a bully!

Exhausted after a fun afternoon
Mother's Day was wonderful as well.  Although we did miss church due to an off nap time (we absolutely follow the never wake a sleeping baby rule in our house!), we enjoyed a yummy brunch, mama got a pedicure, ran some errands and then just hung out together.  Matt made the entire dinner last night, which if y'all know anything about that, was special in and of itself.  My guys also surprised me with some cute Tory Burch sandals AND I had some beautiful flowers delivered at work on Friday!  They did such a good job!  All in all it was a great weekend and I am so thankful for this little guy that made me a mother a little over a year ago:-)

My precious little boy that makes my heart so full

Attempt at a picture at brunch.  He was too busy stuffing his face with anything and everything.
 
We really struggled with getting him to look at the camera.  I suppose this is just the beginning...


I am a better person when I have him in my arms:-)

Beautiful, colorful flowers

Bourbon glazed salmon, mashed potatoes, mushrooms, corn on the cob and wine.  Good job, babe!
 

No comments: