February 13, 2013

Chicago...sort of

Well, like I mentioned last week, I spent a few days in Chicago at a legal conference.  Wish I could tell you all about the fun things I did and saw, but seeing as how it looked like this outside the whole time I was there...

The snow got even heavier as the day went on
I didn't venture out too much.  Seven months pregnant and icy sidewalks are not a good combo.  Besides walking to the conference a couple blocks away and doing a little shopping, I pretty much just hung out in my room, watched TV and ordered room service. 

Not too shabby eh?

Still though, it was nice to get away and have some "me time."  I did love Chicago and am dying to go back and really check the city out.  It's no secret that I am a huge fan of NYC, but I could definitely see Chicago taking the place of my favorite city.  It was much less congested and easier to get around.  I really loved the architecture and just the general layout and design of the city.  Think we may have to plan a little trip with Asher when he gets here.

 
I do recommend the hotel I stayed at...The Conrad Hilton.  It was fabulous...great location, nice rooms, wonderful service and a delicious restaurant.  It felt like a boutique hotel, but with nice big rooms and bathrooms.  And the best part?  It has an enclosed pedestrian walkway that takes you right to some shops, including a really nice Nordstrom's.  I had some time before my plane left on Friday to do a little shopping for Asher, and a couple dresses for myself:) 


Miniature North Face=flippin' adorable

Seriously?!  I wish I could have bought this in every color they had.

Patriotic swim trunks for our beach trip in July

I really need to take a picture of the inside of his closet sometime.  My love for shopping (and finding good sales) has become completely focused on him. 

1 comment:

ty said...

ummm cutest stuff EVER.