January 11, 2013

Friday's Five Faves

It's been awhile since I've done a favorites post.  I think we've just been too busy for me to try out anything new!  My adventures in new foods has been lacking lately since I'm so hung up on certain foods.  We did try the "meatballs" mentioned below on meatball sandwiches, and I must say that they are going to be a new staple in our house.  Here they are, along with a few other finds as well...

* 365 Everyday (Whole Foods brand) Veggie Meatballs.  These are so tasty!  They cook right up in the oven in 15 minutes.  Once cooked, I added them to some good pasta sauce on the stovetop and let this all simmer for a bit.  Then I spooned this goodness on to some bread, slapped a piece of light provolone cheese and let the warm meatballs melt the cheese.  It was delish!!
 
* Also from the 365 Everyday brand, this Organic Honeycrisp Apple Juice.  Honeycrisp apples are my very favorite, so I was pretty excited when I came across this.  So, so good!  I actually like to mix it with a little sparkling water for a fun "mocktail."
 
* These great heels from Target (the Merona brand).  This was a total random purchase as I just really liked the color (a deep burgundy) and wanted something to wear with my black dress on Christmas Eve.  I had no idea how comfy they would be and have since gone back and bought another pair (in the nude color).  The heel height is perfect, and like I said, the shoe is comfortable enough to wear all day.
 
* Quick rice pudding. I've been eating this a lot in the mornings, and for lunch. Dump 1/2 cup cooked brown rice in a bowl, stir in a container of Greek yogurt (I like Chobani's 0% in the apple cinnamon flavor), a handful of raisins, a dash of cinnamon, and a little brown sugar. It's really comforting and filling.
 
* I finally broke and tried a BB (beauty balm) cream after hearing so many ladies rave about them.  I went with the Dior Hydra Life BB Creme and really like it.  It literally does it all...moisturizes, evens skin tone, corrects any blemishes and protects with SPF 30.  I do need to mix in a little of my heavier moisturizer right now, but I imagine that I'll be able to skip that in the summer. 
 
{Sorry about the lack of pics.  For some reason Blogger would not let me upload anything??}

No comments: