July 29, 2011

Friday's 5 Faves!

Wow I've been a blog slacker this week.  It's been kind of hectic to say the least.  The past 5 days have kind of just been a blur...I couldn't even tell you what we did!  Alas it is Friday though, and I do have a few faves for you...

*Coconut water.  I feel like this is totally one of those "trendy" drinks, but I have jumped on the coconut water bandwagon.  Not only does it taste pretty good, it's loaded with potassium, calcium and magnesium...3 things I often lack in my diet.  Coconut is good for you, but who wants to carry around an actual coconut?
*Room.  This is one of the best books I have read in a long time.  I seriously just wanted to lay on the couch all day and read because I couldn't step away from it (which I pretty much did last Saturday).  It's bizarre and a little disturbing, but I'm never one to run away from bizarre and disturbing in my reading selections.  Seriously though, good stuff.  Oh and I am totally adicted to my Kindle.  How did I ever live without this thing?!

*Rice crispy treats.  I had a hankering for these last week and whipped a batch.  I swear I don't think I've made these since college.  They have been such a good afternoon snack though.  I wanted mine to be a little more nutritious, so I used brown rice cereal, almond butter, brown rice syrup and honey so I could cut out the marshmallows.  I basically followed Alicia Silverstone's recipe out of her Kind Diet book, but you can also find it here (I did 1 cup brown rice syrup, 1/2 cup honey).  Oh, and when I am having my afternoon snack, I spread a little extra almond butter on top of the treat.  Mmmmmm.

*The fact that this horribly hot month is almost over.  I mean just look at the temp my car displayed the other day when I was headed to the gym...  
Are you kidding me?!  
*And finally (and mainly because of said ridiculous temps that totally ruin going-out-hair, mascara and cute dress), the fact that tonight's date night is comprised of chinese take-out, fro-yo and a rented movie.  I plan to be in my 10 year old scrubs and oversized t-shirt sexy PJ's by approximately 7:00, on the couch, chop sticks in hand, snuggled up to a cute guy and 3 fur babies that faintly smell of deli meat for some reason (the fur balls, not the cute guy).  Jealous?

1 comment:

The Andersons said...

I knew you'd love your Kindle!!! I recently bought a waterproof Kindle cover on Amazon and practically have lived in the pool this summer. :) I will have to check that book out.