September 27, 2010

Peach Pie

So I made this really good peach pie with the peaches I had picked up from Peach Park last weekend. I liked this recipe because although it required me to peel, pit and slice all the peaches by hand, the remainder of the recipe was pretty simple. HOWEVER, I only got to enjoy 1 piece of my hard work because 2 certain mischievous dogs dragged the entire pie off the counter after we left for work and ate the WHOLE THING! Matt just happened to stop by the house after a meeting and found Riley and Maddux hiding in the bathroom as far away from the empty pie plate (in the middle of the kitchen floor) as they could get. I don't know what I am more mad about, the fact that all my hard work went down the drain, or that I don't get to eat the darn peach pie. Anyways, the recipe is good, so here it is. Sorry I don't have an "after" picture, but well, yeah...

SEMI-HOMEMADE PEACH PIE
1 recipe for double crust pastry (I used 1 box of Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on package)
10 ripe peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced thick
1/2 cup fresh peach preserves (I bought some homemade at our farmer's market, which I recommend if you have local market because it's usually just the basics)
1/3 cup flour (I used whole wheat)
1/2 cup sugar (I used Stevia)
1/4 cup butter

Preheat oven to 350. Mix together peaches and preserves in large bowl and set aside. Mix together flour and sugar in separate bowl. Cut in butter with 2 forks, mixing until it becomes crumbly. Prepare pie crusts as directed on box using a 9-inch pie plate. After pressing bottom layer into pie plate as directed, spoon 1/2 of peach mixture in crust. Sprinkle with 1/2 of flour mixture. Spoon remaining peach mixture in and sprinkle with other half of flour mixture. Carefully place top layer of pie crust on top and cut a few slits in it to let out steam. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, checking periodically to make sure crust doesn't get too brown. Serve warm. Hide from naughty doggies.

No comments: