July 22, 2010

She will be missed...

Several of you have probably heard that my sweet Grammy passed away this past weekend. I am so thankful to have been able to make it to Sarasota to tell her good bye before she passed. I am especially grateful that Matt and I were there in May and were able to spend a lot of time with her. To say that Grammy made an impression on my life could never justify the impact she truly made. Unlike a lot of grandchild/grandparent relationships, I literally grew up with her around the corner, or as in the past 10 years, right next door. Besides my own mom, there is no other woman that I am closer to. I feel so incredibly blessed to have had two strong, loving and encouraging women in my life, and the void that will be felt with one of them gone seems surreal. I am, however, grateful for the 28+ years I did get with her. Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and emails. It's really amazing the support that has poured out to all of us, to my mom and grandpa in particular, and we are truly grateful:)

Grandmother-grandchild relationships are simple. Grandmas are short on criticism and long on love. ~Author Unknown

2 comments:

Jon and Jessica said...

I am so sorry for your loss. You will be in my thoughts & prayers. What a blessing though that you were in SRQ in May and had more time with her.

Jason and Amy Hand said...

So sorry to hear about your loss, Leanne. We're praying for you and Matt during this difficult time.