July 18, 2014

Show Us Your Life: Makeup

I haven't linked up with Kelly's Korner blog for the S.U.Y.L. series in quite a while, but since I actually found myself scrolling through all the various entries on today's topic, I thought I would join in.  Today was all about makeup.  My makeup routine is actually pretty simple.  I'm not a huge makeup person and I prefer not to feel it or notice it much at all.  Personally I think the goal of makeup should be to look like you aren't wearing any.  I just want something to blur my imperfections and make me look like I've gotten eight hours of sleep rather than the six I usually get.  #momproblems 

My go-to routine is as follows:
 
Dior skin Nude BB Cream.  I use this instead of foundation. I can't stand the feeling of foundation on my face, but I do need some light coverage.  This evens out my skin nicely and is super lightweight.  My only complaint is that the SPF is not high enough (only 10), so I still have to use sunscreen underneath.
 
 
 
I use Dior Hydra Life BB Eye Crème under my eyes to cover any darkness.  This blends really well and is also very light.
 
 
To give my cheeks some color I use Benefit cheek stain.  I love this stuff.  It's lightweight and sheer and just soaks right in to your skin.  It gives you that I just worked out look.
 
 
 
For mascara I use Bobbi Brown Extreme Party.  I've used this for awhile and I like it just fine, but to be honest, I can't say I like it better than others I've used, including drugstore brands.  I don't wear mascara everyday and as long as it doesn't clump or flake, I'm fine with it. 
 
 
 
I don't really wear lip stick, but I always have on my favorite Rosebud Strawberry Lip Balm.  I keep these all over the house, in my purse, car and office.  I love it that much.
 
 
 
That's my usual everyday routine.  I told it was simple!  If I'm going out somewhere special, or it's date night, I may add some eye shadow or eyeliner.  I use Bobbi Brown shadows in colors like Bone, Shell and Taupe and the Perfectly Gel eyeliner in Steel Grey.  If I want a little extra pop of color on my cheeks I add Nars blush in Orgasm which is pretty much the most versatile blush out in there.
 


 
 
Anything you use and love that I should try?? 

1 comment:

Jen said...

Orgasm is my favorite blush!