June 26, 2014

Throw Back Thursday

Do y'all remember several years ago when those "25 Random Things About Me" posts were going around Facebook like crazy?  If you were tagged by another friend that did the post, you were supposed to do it as well?  I vaguely remembered doing it.  Well, for whatever reason mine popped up in my news feed the other day.  The one I had done back in early 2009.  Here it is below.  For kicks and giggles I thought I would provide some commentary.  Funny how things change, huh?
 
1. I live for the weekends because during the week I leave at 7 in the morning and get home at 9 at night (gym, work, class), so needless to say, I am pretty much exhausted come Friday!  If only I knew how exhausted I would be after becoming a mom.  I only thought I was exhausted then.
2. Putting on high heels is pretty much a surefire way to make me feel better about myself on "frumpy" days.  Umm.  Now I feel better about myself by simply putting on deodorant in the morning.  Doesn't take much anymore y'all.
3. I absolutely love animals and wish I could just spend my days on a farm in the country rescuing the ones that are homeless, abused or neglected so they could have a home as loving as the one my dogs have.  We're doing good just to make sure our own two dogs are fed and given the chance to poop once a day.  Sometimes we get them outside to do it.  Sometimes we forget and discover it in random closets.
4. I am a little OCD about a few things: washing my hands, brushing my teeth and taking an assortment of vitamins everyday.  To this list I would like to add: suctioning out AW's nose with the Nose Frida and checking the video monitor approximately 247 times while he is sleeping.
5. I am obsessed with getting a mini horse like on Rob and Big. I would name him Harvey.  Again, it's hard enough taking care of Riley and Maddux at this point.
6. I am undecided about having more than one kid. It seems like everyone says that you just have to have more than one, but I can’t help but feel like one will be plenty to manage!  AW is most definitely plenty to manage, but I can't imagine not going through all this at least one more time.
7. I love my birthday, but I am seriously afraid of getting old and follow a very regimented skincare routine to hopefully deter those pesky signs of aging.  I still follow a regimented skincare routine, but seeing as how having a baby has added several new lines on my face, I'm learning to embrace the aging process.
8. My heart still flutters a little everytime Matt says “I love you” almost like we just started dating and he is saying it for the first time.  This is still true.  Words of affirmation is definitely still my Love Language.
9. My absolute favorite date night is putting on comfy pajamas, ordering sushi take-out and watching a scary movie. Matt gets so frustrated everytime he asks me what I want to do on “date night” and I tell him just that.  Watching a movie?  What's that?  Actually my favorite date night now consists of wine and good food at a favorite restaurant and then going to bed early.
10. I am very paranoid about getting cancer for some reason and drive Matt crazy because I am always making him inspect freckles, bumps, spots, etc. on my body that I think look strange.  Still true, except now I'm also paranoid about AW getting cancer, or any sort of illness for that matter.  I would love to keep him in a bubble, but I hear this is frowned upon.
11. I love learning, hence my being in college for almost 10 years between undergrad and grad school.  Ehh.  Definitely no plans to EVER go back to school.
12. I despise olives. Matt dared me to eat one at Bonefish once and I literally threw up in my mouth a little.  Still grossed out by them.
13. I did not like either of our presidential choices on the ballot this year and still have my Huckabee sticker on the car…haha!  I like to think that a good Republican bought the ole' Camry and that the Huckabee sticker is still stuck to the rear window.
14. I love looking at houses and reading about real estate. I have a shoebox full of all my house clippings, architectural plans and interior designs so that hopefully we can build our dream house just like we want it someday.  That shoebox is now called Pinterest.
15. I am fascinated with vampires...movies, books, random documentaries on TV. Matt thinks this is completely bizarre and freaky, but I am pretty much convinced that there is such a thing out there somewhere.  HAHA!  Edward Cullen for life!
16. I have recently taken up yoga and am amazed at how good I feel (physically and mentally) when I leave class.  1.5+ hour yoga classes?  Ain't no one got time for that!
17. I feel most at peace when I have prayed and spent some time with God.  Still true, but I also feel very at peace when I am nursing AW to sleep at night.
18. I can’t ever remember being as completely happy as I was on our wedding day. I wish we could just do it over and over again.  The day AW was born comes in at a very close second, but the "do it over and over again" fragment of that sentence causes me some heartburn due to another word I associate with that day..."episiotomy."
19. I like to experiment with recipes and make unhealthy foods, healthy. I think it would be awesome to have a healthy cooking show.  I can't even tell you the last time I've opened a cookbook or clipped a new recipe from a magazine.  Just not enough hours in the day to make anything exciting.
20. Nothing cheers me up quite like coming home to 2 dogs who act as though I am a t-bone steak walking through the door. They can literally cheer up any bad day or mood in an instance.  To be honest, right now the dogs just stress me out.
21. My favorite bible verse is “Do not worry about anything; instead pray about everything” Philippians 4:6 - I have this written in random places around the house.  Still love this verse, but right now my favorite is probably Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
22. I never liked coffee until starting law school. Now I can't function or start my day without it.  Still true, although I now drink decaf, and yet I still think I get some sort of boost from it.
23. My three wardrobe staples are red dresses, black turtlenecks and knee high boots.  Umm, lets make that easy access tops (nursing friendly), leggings and maxi skirts.
24. Grocery shopping is probably my favorite past time. I seriously spend about 2 hours there every Saturday, reading labels, comparing prices and looking at new items, and making the occasional friend or two.  Seeing as how I usually have a whiny toddler on my hip, I get in and out of the store as quickly as possible. 
25. My first childhood memory was when my mom did a home perm on my stick straight hair when I was 4. The smell of chemicals at salons always bring me back to the horrendous event and unfortunately there is a class picture to memorialize it.  Still traumatized by this.
 
Now go back and search your Facebook news feed for your own "25 Random Things" list and have yourself a little laugh:-)

3 comments:

The Andersons said...

Haha. This made me laugh. I think you are my long lost twin. My list was basically just like this, and my updated thoughts would be the same. Especially 10, 14, 18, and 25. ;)

The Andersons said...

Oh and 4. I cannot stand boogies!

Jason and Amy Hand said...

Love this!!!