February 11, 2014

That week I hardly did anything

Asher Wade and I just returned from a glorious week long vacation to visit my parents in Sarasota, where we did a whole lotta nothing.  Besides leisurely walks, eating out, resting, sitting on the porch and relaxing, we hardly did anything.  It.was.fabulous.  Honestly, sometimes the best vacations are the ones where you have no agenda.  As soon as Matt started making plans for a golf trip to Scottsdale with his buddies, I knew that it would be the perfect opportunity to pack up AW and head to warm, sunny Florida.  I was thankful to not only spend time with my parents, but also to have some quality time with Asher Wade.  It's hard being a working mommy, and I was so thankful for this special time with him.

Here are a few pictures from a mommy/son trip...
 
He was such a good flyer on the way there....the return flight was a little more challenging;)
 

Granberry!

One of our many lunch outings

Had to pick him up some sunglasses for the bright sun!

First trip to TCBY.  He's going to love froyo like the rest of his family

Sweet boy with Pops...his great grandfather

"Hey, you like my TOMS?"

Of all the toys my parents had for him, an empty water bottle was his favorite.  Go figure.

No trip to SRQ is complete without a visit to Daiquiri Deck!

AW with his Grandbob

Those arm rolls!!

And here we start on the return flight....

Child would not sit still for a second

Lost his pants at some point


:-)

1 comment:

Jason and Amy Hand said...

You are a brave soul for flying by yourself with a baby! I can't even imagine containing Emma for longer than 5 minutes...let alone an entire flight!! Looks like y'all had a blast! :)