February 25, 2013

The Oscars 2013

You know I love award show season!  The Golden Globes are usually my favorite...I just think it's a little less stuffy and I like that there are both television and film awards.  Last night's Academy Awards were pretty good though!  We still have some work to do as far as seeing all the nominated movies, but I was still excited about a lot of the winners.  You can see the complete list of winners here
 
Come on though, we all know that the main reason I watch is for the dresses!  Here were some of my favorites...
 
Jennifer Lawrence...felt so bad for her when she fell going up to accept her award!

Naomi Watts just looked all over amazing I thought

This color looked amazing on Jennifer Garner (her hubby didn't look too bad either)

Jennifer Anniston...love a red dress!

I thought this was a great color on Kerry Washington

Yay for Jenna Dewan Tatum...representing preggo ladies everywhere!
 
Matt and I actually attended a little Oscar shindig ourselves.  We usually go to Night at the Oscars every year, which supports Mitchell's Place.  It's a really nice event with a silent auction, wonderful dinner and a viewing of the Oscar's on a huge projection screen, all going to a great cause.  Plus it's fun getting all dressed up!  I was a little concerned about finding a cocktail dress that did not make me look like a house, so I was thrilled when I found a cute pink number at Motherhood Maternity...
 

Best pregnant lady actress in a leading role?
 

2 comments:

Kristin Padalik said...

I love the Oscars as well. I felt so bad for Jennifer Lawrence. She has the worst luck with her dresses and climbing the stairs to the stage...remember the SAG awards?!
You looked so beautiful all dressed up for your Oscars event - love the belly!

Magical Daydream said...

These are all so pretty! I love Jeniifer annistons dress :)