May 4, 2012

Friday's Five Faves

It's Friday y'all!  So looking forward to the weekend...lots of stuff going.  Lately I feel like our weekends have been starting on Thursdays because we have seriously had some sort of event to attend every Thursday night for the past couple of weeks.  Thursdays are also usually date night for us, but we have had to improvise lately with everything else going on.  Last night we went to the Crawfest at the Zoo.  Tonight Matt is going to see The Avengers with his buddies and Cassie and I are going to drool over Zac Efron see The Lucky One.  This movie has not gotten very good reviews, but I loved the book, so hopefully I will enjoy the movie somewhat.  The rest of the weekend is busy, and then the next week is nuts with family coming in and graduation festivities gearing up!

Here are my faves for the week...

* Oikos Greek Frozen Yogurt.  Loving this!  Just like frozen yogurt, but made with Greek yogurt.  A serving only has 100 calories and 6 grams of protein to boot. 

I love the blueberry flavor with some fresh blueberries sprinkled on top, or the vanilla with the following sprinkled on top...

* Kelloggs Krave cereal.  We normally do not buy such sweet cereals, but after continuing to see this in the stores, I just had to try it.  And well, now I am hooked!  A little goes a long way and I figure it's much better to have a handful of this cereal rather than candy.  Plus it does have 3 grams of fiber.



* Mastering poses in yoga (this week it was holding a handstand).  Seriously, I feel so accomplished when I finally get a pose I've been working on.  I know that yoga is supposed to be like the least competitive activity ever, but sometimes I just want my teacher to bring me to the front and give me a medal or something.


* My awesome smoothie I've been making in the mornings....cherry chocolate!  I started getting tired of my usual strawberry/banana combo, so I decided to mix things up with some cherries.  And what's cherry without chocolate?  All you do is throw the following into your blender or Magic Bullet: 1 cup flax/almond milk, 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1 Tb. cocoa powder, 1 cup frozen cherries, 1/2 frozen banana, and a little Stevia.  Blend until smooth and enjoy!

* On the smoothie note, my absolute fave protein powder is the Sun Warrior line.  I use the "Warrior Blend" and "Classic Protein" (vanilla flavor) in my smoothies and often in baked goods and oatmeal.  I also like the "Ornus Supergreens" for my Green Monster smoothies.  I have a hard time finding it in stores, but you can get it online.

4 comments:

bluedotmom said...

hey there...i found your blog through kelly's linkup...i am from birmingham too! this time of year is so busy...hope it slows down for you and you have a great weekend!

Jana said...

hey,found your cute blog on Kelly's Korner. Im live in Centreville,Al not far from Bham. I will be following along. Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Hey just stopping by from Kelly's link up. I'm from Alabama also and not far from B'ham. Have a great weekend!

Valerie G said...

Hi! I'm another Birmingham blogger coming from Kelly's Korner. I read one of your posts about hot yoga, and it has inspired me to give it a try this afternoon....unless I lose my nerve in the next hour. Which really may happen. I even blogged about it myself! So thanks for the inspiration.