January 27, 2012

Friday's Five Faves

Heeeelllllo weekend!  So glad to see you. 

I am taking a 1/2 day off work today to get some not fun tasks done.  After avoiding the dreaded driver's license switcheroo for almost 4 years, I finally have to get an AL license.  When it came down to paying the resident rate or the non-resident rate for my bar application, saving $500 won out.  So off I head to quite possibly the closest thing to a crazy house...the DMV.  Afterwards I have to go get my fingerprints done at the city jail.  So in one Friday afternoon I am visiting the DMV and the city jail.  Tonight I have a Constitutional Law in-class writing exam.  I have a feeling after today's escapades, my view of con law is going to be highly distorted and I will be unable to write from the perspective of a normal US citizen.  The recent presidential debates and State of the Union speech from this week are not helping either.  I want to move to Australia and be ruled by their Prime Minister.  Have you read about her strong stance?  She's the bomb.


Anyways, moving on.  Despite this seemingly sour mood, I do have some faves from the week...

* The book I recently finished...The Kitchen House.  This is one of the better books I have read in a long time.  Set in the 1800s, in Virginia, on a plantation.  Read the full description here.




* TOMs is coming out with ballet flats this spring and they are super cute!  Sign up with your email and they will let you know as soon as they are available.


* Having amazing lunches catered in at work regularly.  Sure beats the South Beach bar and banana I used to eat everyday.

And I wonder why my pants don't fit...


* Valentine's Day candy in the stores.  Particularly the conversation hearts and SweetTarts gummy hearts.




* And finally, just a funny video to make you smile...


This cracks me up. Riley loves the water, Maddux tolerates it, but neither of them enjoy it to this extent.  This is how I feel about my nightly bath time.  If only I had someone to rub me during it...hmmmmm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!