January 26, 2011

Pizza for one

I crave pizza ALL THE TIME. It is definitely one of my favorite splurge items. However, I am very picky with how it needs to be fixed (thin crust, extra sauce, lots of veggies, no cheese or a vegan cheese) so it's hard to find places that can/will accommodate. Plus pizza isn't exactly a "health" food that I should eat a lot. Therefore I like to make my own. This recipe is SOOO easy and much lower in calories that the usual fare. It's perfect for when I get home from class late.

Tortilla Pizza
1 high fiber/low calorie whole wheat tortilla (I like the ones from Flat Out)
1/2 cup marinara sauce (I use the 365 Everyday marinara from Whole Foods)
1/2 cup sliced veggies (I go for mushrooms, peppers and baby spinach)
1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (I use Rice Dream, but if you prefer regular cheese, you can pretty use whatever you want, just make sure it is part skim)
Oregano, basil or whatever Italian seasonings you like

Spray skillet with PAM and heat over medium heat. Saute veggies a few minutes until they are soft. Set veggies aside. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place tortilla on cookie sheet. Spread sauce evenly over tortilla. Top with veggies or any other desired toppings. Sprinkle desired seasonings over veggies. Top with cheese. I also like to add a little non-dairy Parmesan (Rice Dream makes a good one). Bake in oven for about 10-12 minutes until cheese is melted.

I forgot to take a picture of it the other night (probably because I inhaled it so fast), bu this is what it looks like...

No comments: