June 25, 2010

Friday's Five Faves

Gladiator sandals...I made fun of them when they first started showing up, but I have developed an affinity for them. Once I got over the whole not-wearing-heels aspect, I really started to become hooked. They make any outfit suddenly look stylish.


Alabama peaches....one word...YUMMMMMMM! I can't wait to go to the farmer's market on Saturday mornings to stock up. Seriously, they are like candy. I know everyone associates peaches with Georgia, but I don't think GA has anything on a good peach from any AL farmer. We are actually going to try and make it to the Chilton County Peach Festival this weekend. I may just die and go to heaven right there on the farm. If you are ever driving through AL during the summer, pick some up.


Opala wine...we usually like to try out the Whole Food's Top Ten Wines, and this one was on the list last week. It was fab. Very light and refreshing...a perfect summer wine.


This farm...I was meant to live here. I know it. It is for sale...would anyone like to buy it for me? Yes I know the "house" is actually a double-wide trailer, but I don't care. I would gladly live in the trailer with the green carpet if it meant I could have this beautiful piece of property to look at everyday. We could just build a house somewhere down the line. Do you see the sign over the driveway? Wouldn't it look perfect if it said "McWilliams Family Farm?"


Skinceuticals...this is a really great skin care line. When we moved to B'ham, I found a really great dermatologist, and on my first visit, she used one of those special cameras to take a picture of my face and show ALL of my skin damage. Then she recommended a skin care routine using these products. After a year of using the line, I have to say that my skin looks and feels better. At my last visit, she took another picture and you could actually see some spots that had been repaired! Definitely recommend this regimen.


On an unrelated note, what do y'all think about those romper things? I kind of like them (particularly the one below), but have not found the courage to actually don one yet. Matt would probably die if I walked out in one, especially if I had my gladiator sandals in tow.

No comments: