May 5, 2010

Happy Cinco De Mayo!

This is how we used to celebrate this fun holiday...


And this is how I am currently celebrating this holiday...

My how times have changed. Matt has a softball game, so it's just me, the pups, a bowl of cereal and the latest delivery from Netflix ("The Young Victoria"). I'm actually pretty pumped about my nice little evening.

If you are a fan of the Cinco de Mayo festivities, here is a lower cal margarita recipe that is super tasty. Maybe I will fix one while I watch my movie...
Skinny Girl Margarita
1/2 can Sprite Zero (or other diet lemon lime soda)
1.5 oz. white tequila
1 packet (single serving size) of Crystal Light Lemonade powdered drink mix
Squeeze of fresh lime juice
First of all, if you want salt on the rim, run a lime slice around the rim and dip in sea salt. Put all ingredients in a shaker with a good bit of ice and shake it up. Strain into a pretty glass that has been filled with ice (crushed is best). Garnish with lime wedges. Right around 100 calories, as compared to the usual 500 calorie rita!

A couple of you have asked about Kelley...she is doing really well. It's amazing how well she has adjusted considering she has probably been on the streets most of her life. Such a sweet, sweet girl. Matt picked up a pink bandanna for her today, so now she can officially feel part of the family.

1 comment:

Aaron & Laura said...

That's so funny! I remember taking that picture! Fun times :-) Hope you enjoyed your evening.